Thad Komorowski
2021-07-02T14:52:37Z
It was obviously re-ink-and-painted and shot for cheap. It's so bad when the one Mexicali Shmoe is waving his sombrero, you can see the drawing numbers flash repeatedly.
Thad Komorowski
2021-07-02T14:56:56Z
I'd known LADY PLAY YOUR MANDOLIN! was restored for a while, and I'm glad it's out there now. There's a lot of justified grief given to these "en masse" restorations, but due praise is in order: besides the screwed up titles, this may be one of the best they've ever done. It finally doesn't look like a lightning storm is happening throughout, and they actually scanned the soundtrack fresh (this is the first time I could actually hear the opening cue without a gargling drain over it).
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-07-04T01:28:18Z
Small note from Friday morning's Fourth of July-themed episode: Yankee Doodle Bugs kept the scene of the Dutchman selling a song to the Indian chief but clipped off the part where the chief starts cheering "Me rich chief! Me rich SUPER chief!"
UserPostedImage

Now onto today.

An Ounce of Pink didn't completely fill the screen like the other Pink Panther cartoons do, so I assume MeTV was given an uncropped copy of that short.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Drafty, Isn't It? restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Not sure if anyone here can answer this, but is there a reason they've been repeating a lot of Popeye cartoons lately? I know as far as the 50s and 60s cartoons go, they've only picked up the public domain titles (the KFS Popeyes aren't all included in the package as was claimed months ago, MeTV only airs the public domain titles). Was MeTV only given a limited amount of the 30s and 40s cartoons as well? I find it odd that there are still a handful of the 40s color Famous cartoons that they still haven't touched yet despite them being pretty safe content-wise and short enough to fill a timeslot during their usual lineups. Either way, still happy that they've aired the bulk of the Popeye cartoons so far.
nickramer
2021-07-07T14:29:23Z
Still find it odd of them showing a promotional PSA film in the Looney Tune block. Wonder if "90 Day Wondering" will also show up.
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-07-14T02:08:13Z
Some minor housekeeping

Despite both cartoons having been restored in HD, The Yolks On You and Daffy Flies North aired with older SD transfers during the show on Monday, July 5. The former opened with the 80s Merrie Melodies intro which I never saw on Boomerang's copy (it usually just faded in to the title credits). The latter aired with the opening sequence to Daffy Duck's Easter Egg-Citement and ended with the closing sequence to the special (also not something I'm used to seeing since all other copies I've seen just have the Merrie Melodies opening and credits for the cartoon itself).
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Boston Quackie made its debut on the main network this past Saturday.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Same with the restored version of Behind the Meat-Ball. Screenshots for anyone who still hasn't seen it yet.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Each Dawn I Crow aired unrestored during yesterday morning's show.
UserPostedImage
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-07-15T01:10:04Z
Holiday Highlights restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Unnatural History aired unrestored.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Searching for this cartoon circa 2014 was annoying because a lot of the results would be for that live-action Cartoon Network show.
Ian L.
2021-07-15T21:51:18Z
"Searching for this cartoon circa 2014 was annoying because a lot of the results would be for that live-action Cartoon Network show. "

Same for Gopher Broke, which always brought up the 2004 short of the same name.
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-07-17T23:48:02Z
Not an issue on MeTV's end, but We Give Pink Stamps had some very noticeable film damage running through the duration of the cartoon (the blue lines on the right).
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Notes to You restored screenshots. Incorrect Looney Tunes theme plays during the opening.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Circus Today restored screenshots.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

For whatever reason, they mistook this for a title card and gave it the Photoshop treatment as well.
Jonathan Wilson
2021-07-18T17:40:48Z
There was also no fade in to the opening scene from the blue ribbon title card. It just jump cuts right to the poster.
nickramer
2021-07-19T14:40:52Z
Originally Posted by: MTGM 

Not an issue on MeTV's end, but We Give Pink Stamps had some very noticeable film damage running through the duration of the cartoon (the blue lines on the right).
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Notes to You restored screenshots. Incorrect Looney Tunes theme plays during the opening.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Circus Today restored screenshots.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

For whatever reason, they mistook this for a title card and gave it the Photoshop treatment as well.

How can you tell it was photoshopped instead of just being brightened up?
Toadette
2021-07-19T14:50:19Z
Nic, take a look at the badly-painted garbage they added to the sides of the Jingling Bros. Circus card to make it "widescreen". That was not in the original cartoon, to say the least...
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-07-21T13:25:33Z
Chili Corn Corny restored screenshots.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Henhouse Henery restored screenshots.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

At this point, all the Foghorn Leghorn cartoons have been restored in HD.
nickramer
2021-07-24T05:11:52Z
Originally Posted by: Toadette 

Nic, take a look at the badly-painted garbage they added to the sides of the Jingling Bros. Circus card to make it "widescreen". That was not in the original cartoon, to say the least...

I see it now. To be honest, I thought the frame was stretched for widescreen.
RareSox
2021-07-25T18:00:50Z
So, did anyone take note that The Little Orphan is airing on MeTV on August 7th?

It kinda gets me worried since there's a small Mammy Two-Shoes cameo in it, and it's more so how MeTV will treat the cameo appearance. Granted, The blackface will obviously be cut out, but an non-speaking cameo?
raginggoodfella
2021-07-26T13:54:44Z
Wouldn’t Tom acting like an America Indian and his blackface gag also be troublesome?
nickramer
2021-07-27T14:31:47Z
So, any new to channel black and white shorts airing this week? I don't really pay attention to the schedule.
Roxen Trail
2021-07-28T17:30:08Z
NEW PERSON HERE, BUT A VERY GOOD "LOONEY TUNES" EXPERT!

(10:31:38 AM PST)
When are the new updates for "Fiesta Fiasco"'s restoration, the strange case of "The Daffy Doc" on Monday, and the other recent airings coming? It has been a little while now, not to be impatient.

(10:36:22 AM PST)
TO THOSE WHO MAY HAVE MISSED THESE:

"Ding Dog Daddy" and "Billboard Frolics"'s 2020 restorations that were taken down from HBO Max were aired on MeTV+'s "Sunday Night Cartoons" block. Speaking of which, that new block also aired "Lady, Play Your Mandolin!", "The Miller's Daughter" (with the original end card), "Believe It or Else" (albeit censored because of black stereotypes, DUH!), "The Chewin' Bruin", "Cats and Bruises", and "The Astroduck", the latter of which was later aired on MeTV's "Toon in with Me" block in late of last month.

(10:38:29 AM PST)
I believe the stereotypes from "Tom and Jerry" may be cut...

(10:39:38 AM PST)
Originally Posted by: nickramer 

So, any new to channel black and white shorts airing this week? I don't really pay attention to the schedule.

I saw "Porky's Duck Hunt" and "Polar Pals" on SMC's "Bugs Bunny and Friends" schedule.

(10:43:27 AM PST)
So... HBO Max failed to promote the new "Space Jam" movie by not adding the new "Looney Tunes" shorts... Such a disappointment, because it was THAT easy to do, but no.

When will they even add new shorts at this point; leaking the new restorations one by one on MeTV's network, Amazon Prime Video's and iTunes Video's streaming services, and HBO Max in Latin America and Brazil seems way too chaotic and unstable to me, and should be handled with more care like how they did last year.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-07-28T17:43:56Z
I'd suggest you leave all your comments for one message next time. This is also a good time to say I have all the missing HBO Max restorations in HD besides Ceiling Hero. If you want them, message me directly
PopKorn Kat
2021-07-28T19:03:23Z
Roxen Trail, please try not to make consecutive posts within a short period of time, but instead edit your first post if you have something new to say. Thank you.
Roxen Trail
2021-07-28T23:39:20Z
Sorry for the message, but the images I tried to send were not working. If anyone could give tips, that would be gladly appreciated.